Sunday, February 11, 2018

The Season of Camping

Our Apartment lease ended in August and our house was supposedly close to being done.  Because of pricing here in Flagstaff being so high and the housing people leading us on that it should be two weeks and we would be in, we made the decision to invest in camping supplies and camp it out. I would go to Natalie's house in Phoenix for half the time just so we didn't have to camp so long....That time came and went....

 We celebrated Leah's Second Birthday!!! Camper and all...



 Despite the circumstances we had fun celebrating this sweet girl. She can handle her own against two brothers and is all girl. I love my boys but I sure love having my girly girl along side me.
 First Salon Hair Cut!
 The housing thing was really turning into a nightmare. And I like to camp but not that much. Jeter started first grade at Cromer Elementary and was lucky to get a Great teacher, Mrs. Pribil and make some awesome friends!
Brett started preschool! I would make a school change, going off mother's intuition. But so glad I did because his new/current preschool would be run by some awesome ladies in the ward so Brett and I could make some friends!
 We also made it through another appointment! Go Brett!!!

 I mentioned in the June post about Monsoon season being my favorite, can you blame me?
 We started to go a little crazy camping...I was finishing up an online class, battling the tale end of morning sickness. I think Kameron was in his element though, but as the the saying goes "Happy wife, happy life". We started to go into a month of camping....



 At the end of August we celebrate Brett being officially cancer free! We were discharged for the last time August 24th. We can do hard things!
 I asked a friend Denna Comish if I could do some laundry, she got it out of me that we were camping and insisted we come stay with them until our house was completed. I had to post this picture because camping really took a toll as my face clearly describes. The Comish family would end up hosting us for another Three Weeks! They had several kids, older and some Jeter and Brett's age. So while it was frustrating we were not in our house yet, they provided lots of fun and good food!
 I am about three months along, give or take, at this point.
Always a fun time at the Comish's house
We were ready to sign our house papers and at the last minute they told us the appraisal had expired, their lack of urgency getting the house done, waiting to get utilities done until the last minute and the lender not paying attention...It was not a good day. The Comish's really got to see every emotion come from us. We learned to appreciate a home and learned to serve and be served by others. 



No comments: