Monday, August 16, 2010

On-Going Projects

So I went through this little craze of, marshmallows? I decided I wanted to try to make some. I messed up the first batch, but was determined to find a better recipe and try again, so batch number two turned out pretty good!

Now I just have a bag full of marshmallows sitting in my pantry! They tasted good and it was fun!

The Boat:
So because of all the rain Kameron has had to postpone working on it so it seems to be dragging on, but he does a lot of the work at our humble abode, which means our house smells of carpet glue and there is carpet everywhere. My one project I was given was to re-do a seat cover. At first I was like yeah sure I can do that (no sewing machine) so when Saturday rolled around I was like uh yikes! But it actually worked out really good (for a seamstress of my level)

I took the back off and a side piece, by the time I decided I needed to document this adventure I'd already sewn on the side piece. The left side is the new piece.

Kameron working endlessly on carpeting lids to compartments.

This is a funny picture, but I didn't know what else to do. Here is the new back piece and side piece all put back together!
So obviously the boat project is still ongoing but we hope to have it done by the end of the week!
It's been hard work (especially for Kameron-he is one dedicated guy!) and thanks to Cade (his bro) for helping with carpeting, but I know it will be so rewarding in the end.
So this super nice patient that comes in at the Chiropractic office, mentioned how she had some baby stuff she'd like to give us. Whoohoo! Some of it's super tiny and some is 3-6 months. Shoes, and little hats, So SO! cute. I made Kameron sit with me and go through it all (one big huggies sized box!) What a sweet husband, anyways, here are some little booties she gave us (how did she know Kameron really likes Michael Jordan?!)

I can't believe how nice family and friends have been. Giving us free stuff that would usually cost lost of money and just making all this seem possible (it's a little mind boggling sometimes)
So thanks to anyone and everyone who has helped and I know will help us. We are just surrounded by such giving people. Thank you!!!!!!
ps-Good News! My mom is coming to spend the weekend with me, and Kameron will be out hunting! The best of both worlds for the each of us!

3 comments:

Derushas said...

Can't wait for the weekend! You girls are just continually surprising me with your talents. I never sewed, and now I'm thinking maybe I should?? Love ya! Mom

Emily said...

Sewing!? Without a machine!!! Danggg girl.

Lyndee said...

Those baby booties are sososososososo cute! I can't wait for him! Sounds like you are doing good gettin ready for him!!!