Sunday, June 24, 2012

Five Year Anniversary Getaway!!

We celebrated our five year anniversary and my 24th birthday this month! We got a hotel for two nights in Tempe and dropped Jeter off with some family for the first night. My first night away from my little guy in a year and a half...yikes! A break was much needed but I will admit I teared up a little when I got him back that following afternoon.
My little jeter (FYI doctor check up 32 inches long, 23 pounds, 47 inch head, 20 months old)
 Once we dropped Jeter off we went to the temple, then found our hotel and finished the night off with a delicious dinner at Denny's. I know Denny's we are high rollers. It was right there and we were starving! It was surprisingly good too! The next day we had a healthy breakfast of QT toquitos and So be drinks, we are on a tight budget and nothing sounded good until we passed a couple of QT's and decided eh what the heck! Once again surprisingly delicious! We went shopping and kind of just took our time being just us, nothing too exciting but the shopping was successful I might say!
Yummy QT toquitos!
Once Noon rolled around we met up with my sister and we were reunited with Jeter! Oh happy day! I know motherhood can be amazingly demanding, but this little guy is my world and has me wrapped around his finger! We went back to the hotel and went swimming and just kind of hung out. We headed out for dinner and Jeter fell asleep within minutes so I went shopping, again, while we waited for him to get a little power nap. We had a most spectacular meal at Red Robin complete with an ice cream brownie desert I wish I had taken more pictures but once again I was too busy stuffing my face with delicious bacon guacamole burger goodness!
 Jeter at the pool! We went swimming three times...this kid loves to swim!!!

                                                                        Happy 5 years to us! There have been low lows, and high highs, and I can't imagine going through them with anyone but Kameron. He is amazing, putting up with me all the time and being such a wonderful husband and dad. I love you Kam!

2 comments:

Emily said...

I might say this every year you have an anniversary but I can't believe it's been that long already!! Five years is a big one! Congrats to you two; glad you were able to get a little vacation in. :)

Derushas said...

I just got caught up on your blog. So fun! The pics were great and it's so fun to be reminded of our good times together. Don't stop. You are my journal. HaHa! Can't believe you've been married 5 years! You are the best family!!!! Love you.