Sunday, June 24, 2012

DIY pin projects June

I always love the month of June. And this month Pins I loved too. I've been pretty busy with a paint brush these days and here are a few projects that I have been working on:
 This is a measurement board the Pin looks like a giant ruler but, I just couldn't get myself to make a million little measuring lines. I grew up with a height board except ours was a wooden door for the ironing board, and we still have it! I love it and I want this to last for years and years! I am loving barn-wood right now my dad does a lot of projects with it and I was helping him build a table and this piece is from that pile at his house. price of this project $0

Next really isn't a pin but it was one of my super projects! I saw a desk at the salvation army for $20 and I went back a few times, thought about it, I am a big thinker when it comes to purchases. Had Kameron look at it and he gave the okay. It needed two new runners for the drawers, a little sanding, knobs and a paint job. So now there is an awesome desk in my carport, probably going to sell it one of these days. I love it though, kind of want to keep it, but I will resist.
 Finished!

my last Pin was these crock pot fajitas... http://www.stacymakescents.com/fix-and-forget-friday-crock-pot-chicken-fajitas Oh my were they yummy! Of course I didn't follow the recipe exactly, I added some actual fajita seasoning along with other spices, but I really think I will never make fajitas the same. Crock pot all the way! (This isn't my picture, it's from this gals blog) I was too busy stuffing my face to remember to take a picture!

2 comments:

Emily said...

I'm so jealous that you were able to get free barn wood! All your projects look awesome. I can't wait to see what other furniture jobs you'll do!

Janel said...

Whaaaat? You didn't follow the recipe exactly?? LOLI love all your pin projects! Great job on the desk!!